Sunday, February 22, 2009

Three-Point-Five Hours!

So..There's 3.5 hours till the Oscars and I have to say I'm pretty excited! I've basically been watching the Oscars since I was born and have been in love ever since! Not just because of the gorgeous gowns and hot hosts (dont you just love the alliteration? Shout out to SoGoPro :D ) , but because of the fact that all of these talented people from actors to directors to costume designers get a chance to be recognized for all the hard work that they've done for the movie industry in the past year.

To me, watching a movie isn't just entertainment. It's being able to connect with chracters/people that I never would've taken the time to understand. It's being able to be taken on an emotional roller coaster when two people fall endlessly in love or when you hear "Run, Forrest, run!"
Watching a movie is defying all the laws of science. Being able to age backwards, fly, or being able to make something levitate by waving a wand and saying "Wengardium Leviosa!"

Never will I understand how movies have the power to inspire us and teach us to believe in the immpossible. But even if I end up living all of my life being a part of low-budget indie movies, all that will matter is that there's just one person that pops the movie into whatever futuristic dvd-player type thing and gets a rush of emotions throughout the whole thing.

And when the closing credits come up, they walk away feeling like anything is possible.

0 comments: